Why you should trust me
I’ve been into penis enlargement as a hobby since 2016. In that time, I’ve done more than 60 hours of online research on penis enlargement, studying numerous theories, methods, tips and equipment reviews written by experienced PE “old-timers”.
Additionally, I’ve spent countless hours doing both penis pumping and “full package pumping” (cock and balls) with two different penis air pumps from leading brands.
My previous pumping has given me permanent erect penis size increases of about .5 inches in length and .7 inches in girth.
Since my size gains are permanent, I feel pretty good about them considering I usually only pump two or three times a week—or less when I’m busy.
Besides increasing my sexual confidence, all that time spent improving my penis has given me a sense of pride and accomplishment for starting a project that I didn’t drop when the next shiny idea entered my head.
Since I wanted to write a Bathmate Hydromax review, I got one of my own for testing
Four weeks ago, I ordered a clear Bathmate Hydromax7 from the official website, and four days after that my a plain white box with my new Bathmate arrived at my front door.
I tore off the stealth outer packaging and gently pulled out the retail box with the hang tag . It was black, and the three snazzy Bathmate photos with water droplets on the front looked cool, like they were flying. Since I’m a dork, I read the instruction manual and then dove into testing.
Since getting my Bathmate Hydromax a month ago, I’ve spent more than 25 hours pumping with it and assessing its durability, and I must say–this thing is built like a tank!
I did drop tests on my hard terrazzo floor, my poured concrete floor, and the tile floor in my shower, and couldn’t manage to scratch the polycarbonate plastic.
But mostly, I’ve enjoyed using it, since it’s the first hydropump I’ve ever owned and the whole experience is so different from air pumps.
I hope you find this Bathmate Hydromax review helpful as you start your own journey.
What is the Bathmate Hydromax?
The Bathmate Hydromax is a penis enlargement device that will gradually and permanently grow your penis size if used consistently once or twice a day for 15 to 20 minutes.
Bathmate is the bestselling penis pump brand in the world, and on their website, the company notes that their Hydromax series has a 92 percent customer satisfaction rating.
The Bathmate Hydromax, like all penis pumps, uses vacuum pressure to draw blood from your body into your penis to temporarily expand your penile tissue.
When you first use the Hydromax, you’ll notice an immediate–and substantial–increase in your flaccid and erect penis size. Those size gains are just temporary, though.
Your penis will return to its normal size within a day or so if you don’t follow a consistent penis pumping routine.
Most guys use their Bathmates in the shower or bath, but it can be used in a pool or hot tub, too, if you have private access to them.
Wait, what’s a penis pump?
A penis pump is a device that enhances the size and health of the penis. Penis pumps designs are comprised of a plastic tube with an open end for your penis and a pump for expelling air or water that’s controlled by a valve.
Penis pumps look kind of intimidating if you’ve never used them but they’re actually easy to use:
- Place the open end of the cylinder over your penis and seal it against your body.
- Open the valve and pump out some of the air or water that was inside the vacuum cylinder.
When you pump water out of vacuum cylinder, you create suction that pulls blood from your body into your penis. All that blood from your body rushing into your penis produces a familiar result–an erection.
The size and hardness of the erections you’ll get from pumping will surprise you.
I’ve been pumping for over three years and I’m always surprised by the power produced by my Bathmate Hydromax7
Imagine your morning wood hard-ons on steroids and that will give you a taste of what you’re in for.
Penis pumps go by various names. For example, when doctors prescribe penis pumps for erectile dysfunction, they call them vacuum constriction devices, vacuum erection devices, or just plain vacuum pumps.
Why the Bathmate Hydromax is so effective
Just as your biceps grow bigger after doing regular biceps exercises at the gym, your dick grows bigger from regular expansion with a vacuum pump like the Hydromax.
Penis enhancement tools like Bathmate work because they harness the human body’s natural ability to expand, repair, and grow new tissue from existing tissue. Scientists call this biological process mitosis.
Check out this short video explaining mitosis in more detail.
If you follow your enlargement routine consistently, that repeated tissue expansion gradually lengthens and thickens the tissue and blood vessels in your dick. And your size gains last longer and longer.
After two to three months of use. Hydromax users typically notice a significant jump in their penis size, in both flaccid and erect states.
In addition to gradual increases in penile length and thickness, working out with the Bathmate Hydromax hydropump will improve your life in other ways, including:
- Harder erections.This is why doctors recommend the Hydromax as a treatment for erectile dysfunction, or ED.
- It will straighten a curved penis. This is why penis pumps are prescribed for guys with Peyronie’s disease.
- Your confidence will skyrocket. Imagine getting naked in front of other people and not flushing with embarrassment and imagining what they’re thinking about you.
- Your libido will catapult to new heights. If you’re like me, seeing you dick grow before your eyes doesn’t just give you extra swagger–It makes you a horn dog. And who could blame you?
- 35% more power: Compared to the first generation Bathmate HydroMax X20, X30 and X40’s, the Hydromax produces noticeably more suction power for faster penis growth
- Compact all-in-one design: The Bathmate Hydromax has no bulky hoses or breakable hand pumps
- No mess: Since a Bathmate doesn’t require you to apply lube, it doesn’t leave a mess or require cleaning
- Quiet and discreet: You can use the Hydromax silently so you’ll never have to field questions from curious wives, girlfriends, parents, or roommates
- Body-safe, non-toxic materials: The vacuum chamber is made from hard polycarbonate plastic and the chamfer is made from non-porous, medical-grade silicone
- No pills or surgery needed: It’s an all-natural way to make your dick bigger that doesn’t require pills or going under the knife
- Quality construction: All genuine Bathmate pumps are made in the UK and come with 2-year warranty against manufacturing defects and breakage
- 60-day risk-free return period: You can try the Hydromax for two months and return it if you’re not satisfied
It’s safe and doctor-recommended
According to the American Urological Association guidelines, Bathmate pumps are safe to use because they’re equipped with “vacuum pressure limiters” that reduce the risk of penile injury.
Right above my yellow highlight, they also state that that penis pumps are “an effective and low cost treatment option” for men who have trouble getting an erection.
Before Bathmate came on the scene, the basic design of penis pump hadn’t evolved in more than a generation. They were all air penis pumps.
Air-style penis pumps get lube everywhere
When using a normal air penis pump, lube will eventually coat every surface you touch—unless you have a maid to follow you around and wipe everything down. It can get seriously messy.
Don’t believe me? Compare my Hydromax7 to my old pumping gear.
Bathmate’s all-in-one design eliminates the need for constant cleaning—and the need for a heating pad to warm up your package.
Size and dimensions
- External width: 3.5 inches / 8.9 cm
- External height: 12 inches / 30.5 cm
- Weight: 0.9 lbs / 400 grams
Parts and accessories
If you’re looking for a complete pumping rig that comes with all the bells and whistles, take a look at the Hydroextreme in your size. You’ll get Bathmate’s top-of-the-line penis pump along with plenty of useful accessories.
But if you’re like me and just want a simple, effective and easy-to-use penis pump, the Hydromax is for you.
The Hydromax has just two removable parts:
- The pump body – integrated valve and “pip” valve control, translucent vacuum chamber, and bellows
- The comfort insert and silicone chamfer – These are inseparable, and integrated into a single part
What’s in the box?
When I opened the packaging, this is what was inside the box:
- Bathmate Hydromax pump (pre-assembled)
- Instruction manual
- Free sample packet of Bathmate Jelqing Enhancement Serum
No setup needed
The Bathmate arrives pre-assembled and ready to use. Just rinse it out and start your penis enlargement routine.
Cleaning and maintenance
When you use a Bathmate hydropump, small amounts of the natural oils on your skin will get onto the pump.
However, Bathmates never really get dirty. Since you’re constantly rinsing the pump with fresh water, dirt and oil are washed off automatically.
After a final rinse, let your hydropump dry completely to avoid growing any mold or mildew.
- After using it, give the pump a final rinse with clean water
- Give it a couple vigorous shakes
- Use a towel to pat the inside dry
But if you’re lucky enough to have a towel rack in your shower, you can just let it drip dry.
Since Bathmates are so tiny, you’ve got lots of storage options. Almost any drawer, cabinet, or closet in your home will be big enough to store it.
The small footprint of a Bathmate Hydromax makes it an ideal companion for taking out-of-town on vacation. You can pack it in a carry-on bag or in checked luggage. But checking it in a suitcase means no embarrassing questions from airport security officers.
Is the Bathmate Hydromax a good value?
All things considered, is the Bathmate Hydromax a good value for someone looking for a penis pump from a reputable brand?
After using it for four weeks, I can absolutely vouch for its quality. It’s a solid value for the money.
Do a little research and you can easily find lots of cheap penis pumps online. Personally, I’ve never bought a cheap pump. But I have several friends who have—and I’ve heard plenty of stories about cracked cylinders, unsealable seals, and broken valves.
Cheap pumps can’t be returned, so the entire purchase price ends up going down the drain. Save the money and buy a quality pump from a reputable manufacturer.