Fleshlight is known for making the most realistic-feeling male masturbators on the market.
They’ve got a hard exterior shell that looks like a large, heavy-duty flashlight, with a super soft, flesh-like sleeve that looks like an attractive vagina or butthole. They also offer non-anatomical sleeves.
Over 7 million Fleshlights have been sold since 1998, when they were first introduced.
According to Interactive Life Forms, the company that manufactures Fleshlights, over 80,000 Fleshlights are sold in the average month, and over 40% of sales go to repeat customers.
That’s a lot of happy customers!
Older Fleshlight models are priced at $69 and the newest ones are $79. They’re not exactly cheap, but lots of guys think they’re worth the money since they feel so good.
Anatomy of a Fleshlight
Fleshlight sleeves feel soft, supple, and silky–like real flesh. The sleeve material, called SuperSkin, is a non-toxic and phthalate-free blend of mineral oil and other body-safe ingredients.
ILF, the manufacturer, is always designing and releasing new sleeve designs with unique textures, orifice styles, and colors. And since the sleeves are removable, you can switch out a sleeve whenever the mood strikes.
And when playtime is over, Fleshlight sleeves are also easy to remove and clean.
In Flesh-speak, a texture is the design pattern of nubs, bumps, ridges, and caverns inside the sleeve. Since each Fleshlight texture has a different design, each one produces different sensations of tightness, loseness, stimulation, and overall orgasmic intensity in use.
Fleshlight offers over 50 different sleeve textures, but since they live inside the sleeve, you can’t see them unless you turn your sleeve inside out (which is a no-no according to the instructions)
The case is made from hard, thick plastic. It feels substantial and solid when you hold it, like the kind of material used in high-end power tools or football helmets.
- The front cap protects the sleeve and helps disguise it.
- The back cap adjusts the suction level.
Dimensions and weight
- Length: 9.8 inches / 25 cm
- Width: 4 inches / 10.2 cm at widest point
- Weight (without sleeve): 11.2 ounces / 318 grams
How do you use a Fleshlight?
Masturbating with a Fleshlight is pretty intuitive…just give yourself an erection, apply some lube, and move the masturbator on your penis in whatever direction and speed feels good.
- Sliding it up and down in a vertical direction feels amazing.
- You can also twist it horizontally to give your dick completely different sensations.
- There’s also a robotic Fleshlight that moves in synch to porn videos called the Fleshlight Launch.
Honestly, there is no one best way to use a Fleshlight—the possibilities are endless.
Popular positions and techniques
Lying on your back
Lie back, relax, and edge yourself slowly until you come.
Sitting in a chair
Stroke yourself from the comfort of a chair, with or without your favorite porn videos.
Position your Fleshlight between some cushions, lay on top of it, and fuck it in the missionary position.
Wedge your Fleshlight between your mattress and box spring, then fuck it standing up or on your knees.
Why buy a Fleshlight?
Because they make jerking off feel so damn good—and so much better than your bare hand.
You might want to consider a buying one if you are …
- Horny all the time, but bored with your hand
- Interested in new sensations when you jerk off
- Want to know how sex feels
- Looking for ways to spice up your sex life
- Want ideas for a new sex toy
- In a long-distance relationship
- Trying to increase your sexual stamina
- Trying to overcome Death Grip Syndrome
4. Fleshlight model overview
In the table below, you can see all the current full-sized Fleshlight models
I’ll cover the smaller Fleshlights in other posts since they’re designed so differently and this article is all about answering the question “What is a Fleshlight?”.
If you’re curious about the model at the bottom of the list, that’s the Fleshlight for guys who like sex with other guys, the Fleshjack.
How To Clean A Fleshlight Without Damaging It
Are Fleshlights worth it?
Most Fleshlighters (including me) would tell you, “Yes, they’re absolutely worth the money.”
But each guy’s body and sexual response is different. The only way to know for sure if you’ll like Fleshlights is to try one.
If you’re curious about how it feels to use one, it might be helpful to read some Fleshlight user reviews:
Premium materials and construction
Fleshlights are made of premium materials and built like tanks.
In the last three years, my Fleshlight has survived four accidental drops without a scratch–or any cracking. The first time I dropped it, I was certain that I’d destroyed it. But when I picked it up to inspect the damage, the case was barely scratched. They’re heavy-duty toys made to take a beating. The floors in my house are all hard terrazzo and concrete—so not exactly forgiving.
But with proper care, a Fleshlight should last a lifetime.
Which one should I buy?
With all the different models and textures, choosing your first Fleshlight can feel a little overwhelming, so here’s my best buying advice and some general suggestions.
There’s a Build Your Own (BYO) tool on the manufacturer’s website that allows you to customize your exact case color, orifice (entry), and sleeve texture, but it only works with the classic pink sleeves–not the Ice, Turbo, or Fleshlight Girls sleeves.
If it’s your first purchase, I suggest going with something popular, but not especially tight or intense.
- Fleshlight Girls Riley Reid Utopia
- Fleshlight Girls Texas Alexis Texas Tornado
- Fleshlight Girls RIley Jensen Wild
- BYO Original pink Fleshlight with the Utopia sleeve
- BYO Original pink Fleshlight with the Mini-Lotus sleeve
I’d avoid the Classic Pink Lady, Stamina Training Unit, and Destroya textures because they’re all either too boring or too tight for beginners.
Which stores have the lowest prices and best sales?
Buying directly from the manufacturer is usually the cheapest option since they offer frequent promotions with hefty discounts and free shipping.
I also scour all the retailer websites weekly looking for sales and when I find them I post them here:
You can also get $5 off your first order for joining Fleshbucks, their customer rewards program and following / liking their Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts.
Are they shipped discreetly?
- Each order is packed inside a plain cardboard boxes, so when your package arrives no one will be able to see what’s inside or who shipped it.
- The shipping label and shipping box will not describe what’s inside your package, and the shipping label will identify the shipper as ILF, LLC—not Fleshlight, Inc. or anything like that.
Am I “weird” if I use a Fleshlight?
No, not at all. If you’ve never used a sex toy, the idea can terrifying. But masturbation isn’t unhealthy or weird–it’s a normal, natural part of life, just like eating and drinking.
- According to researchers, most adult men masturbate regularly, and about 50% of them use adult toys.
- Using a Fleshlight isn’t addictive and or harmful–it’s part of many normal
What questions do you have about our favorite male masturbation tool?
Let us know down in the comments.